Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud contacts

When I visit in icloud.com I have many contacts saved from my old iphone. I bought the new Iphone 6, I have swithced on the contacts in icloud, but I don't get the same contacts I have seen in internet. I'm sure I'm entering with the same account. Sorry someone can tell me where is my mistake ? Thank you

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:57 AM

Please try the following…

1. First check that all your settings are correct, that contact syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).
  2. Make sure the contacts you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' group and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud group (you can do this by checking in groups), non iCloud contacts will not sync.
  3. If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your contacts are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking contact syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling contact syncing.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2015 9:57 AM in response to dodo0566

Please try the following…

1. First check that all your settings are correct, that contact syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).
  2. Make sure the contacts you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' group and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud group (you can do this by checking in groups), non iCloud contacts will not sync.
  3. If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your contacts are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking contact syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling contact syncing.

Dec 1, 2015 8:21 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Many thanks for your reply, I forgot to explain that I am not using any computer for my contacts, since the new windows 10 doesn't support the iCloud. I have the connection only with my iPhone and Icloud. I try to switch all off, restart the phone and switch again on, but the same " strange" contacts appear again. Is there any other possibility ?

Thank you again

icloud contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.