Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to reset or change my home network password

How may I reset my home network password?

I replaced my iPhone 5 which was connected but sorry to say I have forgotten/lost the password.

I have a printer connected also my iMac.

I am in the throes of upgrading from the iMac to Macbook pro which I would also like to connect.

Help much appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 7:46 AM

Contact your Internet Service Provider or consult the instructions for your router.

6 replies

Nov 25, 2015 1:46 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Many thanks for your reply.

I'm slightly confused and not an expert at this sort of thing.

How can my ISP assist? - I set the password up myself some years ago. Home network running smoothly with my Mac, printer and iPhone networked until I attempt to include my new iPad, iPhone and more recently my new Mac.

Can I set up new home network, forget the existing, and have all my Apple stuff included?

Thanks

Nov 25, 2015 2:31 AM in response to johnfromoswestry

Either your ISP provided the router, which provides the wireless network and contains all of the security settings, or you had to have connected your own router to a modem provided by your ISP. In the latter case, consult the manual for your router. In the former, talk to your ISP if you don't know how to change the settings. The network settings have nothing to do with any computers , phones, or other devices you have until it comes time to connect them to the network.

Nov 26, 2015 4:58 AM in response to KiltedTim

Hello

Further to my replies from Kilted Tim and Meg St Clair.

I have now selected 'forget this network' against all references to my Home Wi Fi network then connected printer to my ISP supplied router.

Lo and Behold I can now send items from my iPhone to be printed. It worked.

I would appreciated any advice as to whether I need to actually have a Home Wi Fi network..

Many thanks

I need to reset or change my home network password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.