Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't join Networks

This morning I was connected. Then suddenly, after a couple of hours, my latop will now not connect to ANY wifi networks. It's sees the networks but when I try to manually join one it says "The wifi network ... could not be joined" when I then run diagnostics it says "Wifi not associated" and "review wifi best practices". Not helpful. Can anyone please tell me how to fix it?

It can tether to my iPhone (which is how I'm writing this) via Bluetooth. I'm running Yosemite.

MacBook Air (13-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 8:51 AM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 10:13 AM in response to tlongacre

Open System Preferences, select Network, click on WiFi in the left window pane, then click on the Advanced button on the right side of the dialog. You’ll see a lit of preferred networks. Delete them (or at least the ones that are where you are), click on OK, and restart the computer. This will force you to select an access point and enter the password again. It should let you reconnect.

Can't join Networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.