Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new phone IMEI NO IS DIFFERENT FORM THE BILL COPY IMEI NO, AND PHONE IS LOCKED

I PURCHASED AN I PHONE 6 ON SPTEMBER FOR MY COSIN. THIS PHONE WAS PURCHASED DUBAI, IN THAT NOW ONLY WE FOUND PHONE HAS A DIFFERENT IMEI NO FROM THE BILL COPY AND THE PHONE IS LOCKED, SO WE ARE REALLY CONFUSED, WHAT IS THE OPTION WE PURCHASED A UNLOCK PHONE, BUT WE RECIVED SOME OTHER IPHONE 6 WHICH IS LOCKED US PHONE

iPhone 6, null

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 5:33 AM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 5:39 AM in response to harishvm91

Sounds to me like you bought a gray market phone that was re-packaged and sold as new.

Take it back to where you got it and get your money back.

If it's carrier locked, only the carrier it's locked to can authorize unlocking it. If it's locked to a US carrier, which you seem to imply, then you're probably out of luck. The US carriers will only unlock for current or former customers in good standing. In many cases, the phone must be active on the carrier it's locked to before it can be unlocked, regardless of the country of sale.

If it's activation locked, it's a brick.

my new phone IMEI NO IS DIFFERENT FORM THE BILL COPY IMEI NO, AND PHONE IS LOCKED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.