Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one delete specific photos from iPad?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 3:29 AM

If they were taken with the iPad, you can tap the "Select" option, at the top right corner of the Photos App, then tap each photo you wish to delete, and then tap on "Delete" or the "Trashcan" in red.

If they were synced from a computer, then you can only remove them by syncing again, and unselecting the photos, or selecting an empty folder or album.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 3:29 AM in response to 47bemonsey

If they were taken with the iPad, you can tap the "Select" option, at the top right corner of the Photos App, then tap each photo you wish to delete, and then tap on "Delete" or the "Trashcan" in red.

If they were synced from a computer, then you can only remove them by syncing again, and unselecting the photos, or selecting an empty folder or album.

Nov 25, 2015 3:41 AM in response to Phil0124

Thank you, Phil0124. I do know that photos taken with the device can be deleted. It is my images originally taken with other cameras. I have banded this question around for years. Initially with my iPod, then my iPod touch and I thought that the iPad 3 would surely be more user-friendly. To have to delete then reload all photos from my Mac each time I want to swap images on my iPad just does not seem practical. But thanks for your time and advice, Brian.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.