Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change my voicemail greeting

I’ve upgraded to OS 9.1 on a iphone 5S and now I can’t change my voicemail greeting. Nothing responds, ie: play, record, default, custom and I have an out of office recording that I need to change, thanks!

iPod classic, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:58 AM

15 replies

Dec 1, 2015 2:17 PM in response to Snickersgap

I worked with Apple online and we aren't sure why, but mine started working. I did a hard restart holding down both the home and off key for 15 seconds, after the third time trying this it started working. It did take a minute on greeting screen before the buttons became active and then I had to plug in the headphones as well in order to record. Good luck!

Dec 18, 2015 10:50 AM in response to photoguyscott

I was having this same problem. I tried a lot of things but what it seems it boiled down to was just waiting for a minute or two for the phone to load the custom greeting that I had already recorded. After it did this, I was able to listen to it and rerecord it. The tricky part was watching the screen and keeping the phone from going to sleep while waiting for it to become active. Probably took 2 to 3 minutes.

Can't change my voicemail greeting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.