Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change a bass loop in E to follow a 12 bar progression to A and then B

I have a software bass loop in the key of E. I want to change a region so it transposes to A for 2 bars and then back to E so I can build a 12 bar progression. Transposing seems to be only for a full song. Casn anybody help

iMac, OSX Lion 10.74

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 5:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 5:07 AM

Are you using Garageband '11, version 6.0.5?

Cut the loop into separate regions, so the portion you want to transpose to A is a separate region. You can cut a loop by selecting it, the position the crosshair at the beginning of the A region, press ⌘T to split the region. Move the crosshair to the end of the A section, then split the region again.

Now select the cut put region, then adjust the pitch slider to transpose it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 5:07 AM in response to J P brown

Are you using Garageband '11, version 6.0.5?

Cut the loop into separate regions, so the portion you want to transpose to A is a separate region. You can cut a loop by selecting it, the position the crosshair at the beginning of the A region, press ⌘T to split the region. Move the crosshair to the end of the A section, then split the region again.

Now select the cut put region, then adjust the pitch slider to transpose it.

How can I change a bass loop in E to follow a 12 bar progression to A and then B

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.