Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"New Message" text in bold before actual text message in group MMS

Ever since last night, in my group message thread I noticed there is "New Message" in bold before the actual message. I wouldn't call it a problem but mostly just weird and annoying. Has anyone else seen this? I tried restarting my iphone, deleting the thread, a hard reset. I sent myself an imessage and i didn't get the same message. My subject field setting is set to off.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 9:51 PM

Is your carrier AT&T? It seems to be a recent AT&T issue. Suggest you contact them.

9 replies

Nov 24, 2015 7:24 PM in response to shelbym256

I am experiencing this issue as well. I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.1 and also have AT&T. I DID notice that this only occurs when someone in the group text text does NOT have an iPhone (or is not using iMessage) - when messages appear in green (txt msg) vs. blue (iMessage). I will reach out to AT&T tmw to inquire - if this is an enhancement, I hope they provided their customers the option to disable it instead is forcing us to THEIR ideas of an "enhancement.

"New Message" text in bold before actual text message in group MMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.