Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo library not all downloading

On both my iPhone and my iPad have iCloud Photo Library enabled and I have it set to "Download and Keep Originals".

My iCloud Photo Library is set to is 8.1GB, and my iPhone and iPad both have more than that free, but both devices have downloaded about 5GB and then stopped. When I go into a photo then they often have to download it before I can see it at full resolution - and if I have no internet connection I'm shafted.

They are both 128GB devices with over 10GB free (and that's on top of the 5GB of photos they are already holding) so there's plenty of space.

Does anyone know how I can get it to download the entire library to both devices?

This may or may not be related to this other issue where it is intermittently incorrectly telling me I don't have enough space for my photos: Re: Not Enough Device Storage - Full Resolution Photos - Wrong!

Thanks for any help

Dan

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:57 AM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2015 1:32 PM in response to strikingviking1

I too have this issue. I upgraded from a 4s into the new 6s and I'm completely missing years of photos. If the album is even noted the photos are completely blank. I don't know if this is because I may have accidentally upgraded to iCloud Photo Library without realizing what I had done but why can't I reload an old version of my backup with all the photos and start over? Does anyone know how to help me? I've lost a lot of photos that are killing me not to have!

iCloud photo library not all downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.