Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need help at icloud

hi,

i have a small problem, i upgrade my storage in icloud, and since i did it, when i delete pic at my

i phone (5s) i have a massage that the pic will be deleted also from my i cloud.. so actually what im erase

isnt backup, and i dont know how to change it, and enjoy from my i cloud.

thanks alot for the help.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:10 AM

You have a iCloud photo library turned on on your iPhone. The iCloud photo library creates a carbon copy of your photos and albums sync across all of your devices. It is not a backup. If you want you can keep all of your photos on your iPhone and check the box optimized iPhone storage. This will keep all of the photos on your phone as small thumbnails and not the full size image. Or you can uncheck iCloud photo library and manual sync the photos to your laptop. Once you have sent the photos to your laptop or other Photo storage application you can delete them from your phone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2015 7:10 AM in response to kokomd22

You have a iCloud photo library turned on on your iPhone. The iCloud photo library creates a carbon copy of your photos and albums sync across all of your devices. It is not a backup. If you want you can keep all of your photos on your iPhone and check the box optimized iPhone storage. This will keep all of the photos on your phone as small thumbnails and not the full size image. Or you can uncheck iCloud photo library and manual sync the photos to your laptop. Once you have sent the photos to your laptop or other Photo storage application you can delete them from your phone.

need help at icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.