Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

old photographs

how do i properly scan old photographs into i photo

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:36 AM

Use a scanner and scanner software like image capture or the software that comes with the scanner - depending on the software you may have to sacn to a desktop folder and import to Photos form there (Image Capture can import to iPhoto - the scanner software will not be albe to)

LN

9 replies

Nov 24, 2015 9:46 AM in response to LarryHN

Thank you Larry I am 72 and i am not very Knowledgable about computers. My hobby is my pictures I have almost 9000 pictures of my grandchildren on my i photo many of them were scanned in from old photographs . I scanned them in...put them into documents...then put them into I PHOTO...DATED... Names and put them into the proper albums....once done cannot edit after I thrashed them in document I can print them ..but I cannot put them on a flash drive ..to keep them safe in case my computer crashes Lot of work 🙂 Every time I go to put them on a DISC ....it says computer unable to find them THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS

old photographs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.