Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting files from Library?

Kind of an off-beat question here, really hoping someone can help me.

Every once in a while, when importing footage, I'll be in such a hurry that I'll accidentally import the footage right from the memory card into a new FCPX event. The clips will formulate in the library (as expected), and then I'll be able to edit them. I try to catch myself before I do this but (sometimes) I'm in such a rush that I miss the step of physically taking them off of the memory card, putting them into a folder on my HDD, and then importing them into my library. So the only 'source files' I know of would be in the actual library panel for the FCPX program.

Anyway - I have a friend of mine who's requesting some files that I filmed about 9 months ago. I don't have that footage on my memory card anymore. They want to make a little snippet of an engine being built. I have all the files in my library within FCPX, able to be viewed and edited, but I'm unsure if there's a way that I can go find these source files. Are they stored somewhere on the computer? Or is there a way I can export all the files from my FCPX library somewhere so I can have those raw files sitting in a folder I can send to him? Otherwise, I may have to export each clip one by one, and there are 130+ clips.

Lesson learned! Lol. Won't do that again. ✅

Thanks for anyone who can provide even the slightest of help! 😁

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:53 AM

If they are in the library then you can copy them and send them out. \

Two ways.

1) Launch Final Cut and navigate to/open the library.Look inside the library. Open the event and choose one of the clips. Right click>Reveal in Finder. That will take you to the source files which you can copy.

2) In the Finder, navigate to library and look inside. (Show Package Contents). In the event folder there will be an Original Media folder. Should be in there and you can copy.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2015 7:53 AM in response to moosejuiceee

If they are in the library then you can copy them and send them out. \

Two ways.

1) Launch Final Cut and navigate to/open the library.Look inside the library. Open the event and choose one of the clips. Right click>Reveal in Finder. That will take you to the source files which you can copy.

2) In the Finder, navigate to library and look inside. (Show Package Contents). In the event folder there will be an Original Media folder. Should be in there and you can copy.

Russ

Exporting files from Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.