Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files Missing From iCloud

I use iCloud to save my Pixelmator files. I opened Pixelmator today to edit one and no files are there. I should have around 20. iCloud drive on my mac is empty. I have two apple ID's my original domain email and my .mac email. My Mac is logged in using my domain email and Pixelmator is checked to use iCloud. The iCloud panel in settings shows both my .mac & domain emails attached to it.When I login to icloud.com (using my .mac address), I don't see any of those Pixelmator files. When I go to restore deleted files under settings it shows none. If I log in to icloud using my domain email I see the files in iCloud. It is like my Mac is not seeing the iCloud files on my domain apple ID. Yet on on the control panel of icloud.com for my domain email it shows both my phone and my mac. BTW my phone only sees the .mac iCloud files.

So it seems like even though I have both email addresses tied to my iCloud my devices are not seeing both. Help!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 8:49 AM

8 replies

Nov 24, 2015 10:19 AM in response to Winston Churchill

If I log in with my domain email (one originally used for iTunes purchase years before I got .mac) it shows my .mac email address as an alternate email address. I can also log in to my apple ID with my .mac address. So I suppose I have two. But Apple will not let me combine them. But before today I had no issues. As I have said my Mac is signed in to by domain email.

Nov 24, 2015 10:47 AM in response to Geoff Gentry

You can't use the same address for 2 ID's, either as a primary or alternate address, you can however use either of the addresses for an ID to log in. So if you log in with your non Apple address do you see the same details as if you log in with your Apple address. Parts of what you are saying sound as though you have one ID other parts as though you have two.

Files Missing From iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.