Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime video link shows poor connection message

up and till a few weeks ago my face time worked fine but for the past few weeks i have not been able to get a video link and I just get the poor internet connection message, BT have told me there is nothing wrong with my connection and speed. I can hear the person I am calling and the can see and hear me. Can some one please help with this.

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:29 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 2:40 PM in response to larney 69

Greetings larceny 69,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like you want to use FaceTime, but the video is not working. Is this happening with only one person you are calling or multiple? I would recommend you read these articles, they may be able to help troubleshoot the issue.

FaceTime for Mac: Troubleshooting FaceTime - Apple Support

Get help if you can't make or receive FaceTime calls - Apple Support

If you have connection or sound quality issues with FaceTime

If your cellular connection or Wi-Fi network are running slow, or other users are streaming audio or video on the same Wi-Fi network, you might have these issues:

• Connection alerts or unable to connect
  • Choppy video calls
  • Black screen
  • Dropped calls

Make sure that both you and the person that you're calling are using a fast Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If you’re using Wi-Fi, FaceTime requires a broadband connection.

Take care

FaceTime video link shows poor connection message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.