Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X wont boot after installing win 8.1 via bootcamp

So I'm in a bit of a bind. Yesterday I installed windows 8.1 via bootcamp. Everything worked out great; windows works flawlessly (keyboard and all). When i went to restart and switch over to OS X, i hold option, click on the macintosh HD and the apple sign pops up, the loading bar slowly goes towards a quarter way and then after a minute of it booting up, i get the circle with a line through it in place of the apple logo. I read that this means its corrupted somehow. Then, when i try to run disk utilties, i only see my bootcamp HD (there is a greyed out disk01 that says it contains 133 MB that wont mount. Lastly, when i go to reinstall OSx, the only location i have to install it is my 100 GB bootcamp partition.

I have no idea where to go from here, im writing this post on my windows partition. any help on the issue is appreciated!

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:27 AM

1 reply

OS X wont boot after installing win 8.1 via bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.