Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple's product replacement program

Hi

I need some advise from fellow Apple fans. I have been using the iPhone for 4 generations now and am happy to say I have never encountered any major issues until recently.

I have purchase the iPhone 6s Plus from a Telco a little over 2 weeks ago and have found a couple of serious issues with the phone. I have already made an appointment with the local authorized apple technical support but in my email communications with them I was informed that they will first assess the issues and they could either send my phone to Apple for repair OR give me a 1-for-1 replacement unit if they deem repair as possible.

I am fine with either option since all I want is a fully functional iPhone. Then I was told that replacement iPhones are not new phones. From a consumer standpoint, this is rather disappointing. I paid good money for a brand new phone just 2 weeks ago and because of a manufacturing defect I have to accept a "refurbished" iPhone?

Does anyone have any prior experience with receiving replacement phones due to a defective product? Appreciate your views & advise. Thank you.

Peter

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 8:39 AM

I have received replacement phones in the past. There is no way for you to tell the difference between a new or refurbished device. The only difference is they arrive in a plain white box. However, that is the same as how replacements arrive on opening day. Once there has been enough returns for Apple to refurbish and return to the stores, then you could get a refurbished device. Then there is the question of testing. The refurbished devices are tested more thoroughly than a new one, since they are handled individually. The refurbished device will have the same warranty period as your original device. I experienced no issues with my replacement. The warranty statement says you could receive a refurbished device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 8:39 AM in response to trd1707

I have received replacement phones in the past. There is no way for you to tell the difference between a new or refurbished device. The only difference is they arrive in a plain white box. However, that is the same as how replacements arrive on opening day. Once there has been enough returns for Apple to refurbish and return to the stores, then you could get a refurbished device. Then there is the question of testing. The refurbished devices are tested more thoroughly than a new one, since they are handled individually. The refurbished device will have the same warranty period as your original device. I experienced no issues with my replacement. The warranty statement says you could receive a refurbished device.

Apple's product replacement program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.