Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TC does not connect to newly upgraded windows 10 machine due error 1920

Hi Community!. My TC 3TB (flat one) is not connecting to a windows machine after the upgrade to Windows 10. It still works with other macs w/o trouble. The error says "Unknown user, incorrect password or login is disabled. Please retype the login information or contact the disk's administrator (1920)." I have retyped the login/pwd w/o success. The login/pwd combination is good, since it works with the other machines. I've restarted the W10 machine several times.

Time Capsule 3TB (flat)-OTHER, Time Capsule 3TB (flat)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 10:40 AM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 12:55 PM in response to astronauta23

Do you have the old 5.6 airport utility installed? It is worthwhile having it even if it is well out of date.. you do need bonjour for windows.

If that does not work.. reset the TC to factory.. no files are lost and then connect to it and do the setup from the windows computer.. use ethernet not wireless if you still have issues. Make sure all names are short, no spaces and pure alphanumeric. Same passwords but can be longer.. mixed case and numbers only.

In windows ensure your network location is home. It can be worth having home group turned on.. but IPv6 is sometimes a help and sometimes a hinderance so try turning it on or off. Turn off the windows firewall as a last resort.

Win10 does have network issues.. and more so with apple routers.

I have gone through this with several people now.. some do get it working.. others reach a point where they simply go back to 8.1 and everything is working again.. Apple should upgrade the firmware in the Airport routers but they have done minimal work now with windows for several years.. so don't hold your breath.

TC does not connect to newly upgraded windows 10 machine due error 1920

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.