Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X destroyed my video files

I was working on 2 separate projects within the same library

I was working on and editing one when I got a notification saying "files need to be relinked" or something along those lines
I went on to the other project where I needed to relink the files and couldn't relink them, went into the folder where the library is saved right clicked and went into package contents

Where the video files were before at about 1-2GB it now says they are roughly 200kb!!
The file type is alias when it was .MOV

and now also there are files in that event which was in a completely different project altogether!!

I don't do drugs, haven't been drinking and have had plenty of sleep until this happened!

This has cost me money and the client their footage unless there is a way of bringing them back?!??!?

I filmed 3 events at the weekend so stupidly didn't keep a spare copy as I haven't had a problem like this before

I tried the back up folders but it's the same in them too?!?

This is on an external seagate hard drive, is there a way of recovering these files

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 12:29 PM

There are no replies.

Final Cut Pro X destroyed my video files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.