Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i view all photos in airport extreme within the photos app on mac book air?

i Have a mac book air that is running low on storage.

i usually copy all my data to the airport extreme i have, but i cant see the photos in the photos app.

i Have to rather open them one by one as previews.

is it an option to keep these photos in the time capsule and still be able to view all photos in the application?

thanks

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 1:51 PM

6 replies

Nov 28, 2015 9:15 AM in response to Tesserax

Sorry if didn't mention this already, my time capsule is not a time machine backup. i have A separate drive for that.

i Use the time capsule just to manually copy over my photos.

so yes, the photos are only copied over to time capsule, and are not a part of time machine backup.

my question is how can i see this pictures in the photos app of the mac book.

Nov 28, 2015 9:27 AM in response to MR.Shukla

The Photos app 'finds' all the photos stored in the Photo Library. By default, this library is located on the Mac's internal hard drive, but can be relocated to another drive. Photos does not see photo files outside of the library unless you import them in ... so in your case, they would need to be imported in from the drive that you have them stored on.

This may not be to your advantage if your Mac's internal drive is low on storage as you originally posted. You may want to consider copying or moving your Photos Library file to this drive. You would then just hold down the option key before starting Photos and point it to this drive to find its library.

How can i view all photos in airport extreme within the photos app on mac book air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.