Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't setup Hey Siri

When i try to setup Hey Siri, he says that he hasn't heard it.

iPad Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2017 1:34 PM

I have the same issue with my iPhone 7, I even restored my device and still not working. The mic works perfect in any function, but can't setup hey siri.

Siri with home button works perfect, calls, voice notes, video, all works fine, but when I try to set up Hey Siri, it doesn't hear anything.

10 replies

Nov 25, 2015 2:53 PM in response to RoosjeCrystal

Hi there RoosjeCrystal,

It sounds like Siri isn't seeming to hear you. I would use these troubleshooting steps from the following article to help you get that resolved:

Use Siri on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204389

After each step, see if you still need help:

1. Make sure that your iOS device has an Internet connection through Wi-Fi or cellular data.
  2. On your iOS device, make sure that Siri is turned on under Settings > General > Siri.
  3. Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  4. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Siri and turn off Siri. Then turn it on again.
  5. Make sure that the microphones on your device aren't blocked. For example, if your device has a protective case, remove it.
  6. If you're using an iOS device, try to use Siri with a headset. If Siri works, get more help with the microphones on your device.
  7. Contact Apple Support.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Dec 25, 2017 8:23 AM in response to RoosjeCrystal

Same here on iPhone SE. Since a few weeks, I cannot setup Hey Siri anymore.

Siri works with voice. All microphones works (phone calls with or without speaker enabled, front or back video facetime, skype, dictation, etc.,) : all vocal features work, except for Hey Siri setup, and voice messages in the message app…

Even Hey Siri used to work, but, after I’ve noticed that voice messages didn’t work anymore, I tried to disable/re-enable Siri, and from that point, I cannot finalize the Hey Siri setup. Sometimes I can pass step 1, even sometimes step 2, but never further.

I’ve tried all the step listed by Apple Support, still same.

I’ve sent to the apple store, they’ve checked and tried to replace the front sensor module with microphone, etc., finally they gave up and just told me they can do nothing…

Jul 25, 2017 8:34 AM in response to sterling r

i have that problem too and i've already tried your steps and still have that problem,

my Siri works just fine and its not a hardware problem [tested] Because

it seems like in setting up "Hey Siri" device hear my voice but cant comunicate with siri servers from there, so its a sofware problem.

i test my hardwares,restart my device, reset all settings, downgrade my ios, upgrade my ios to 10.3.3, use wifi, vpn, cellular data and ... but problem still there.

please guide me how to fix this, tnx

I can't setup Hey Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.