Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

script editor hangs

am I the only person who has a script editor app that goes into freeze/hang mode all the time. This is the 7th time since June. I have a zillion scripts I use for work. I create on my personal 17" MBP. The Apple Genius restored my machine to El Capitan, 10.11.1. It worked for 3 weeks, then out of nowhere, I got the spinning beach ball. There HAS to be an easier way to get back to normal,rather than doing a restore.

Maybe I'll have to use TimeMachine and back it up every hour and restore from TimeMachine. Anyone have any experience with this is ideas how to fix it. Thanks.

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 10:00 AM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 10:25 AM in response to FCPeditor

One must adapt to the rationale that with each major OS X release, AppleScript becomes increasingly stricter with syntax and class typing. And application scripting definitions are not static either. It has been several months since I have hung Script Editor in Yosemite, or not yet in El Capitan. When a hang did occur, it was me introducing older AppleScript (that assumed more lax syntax checking), handler errors in a non-AppleScript language, or just wrong coding.

script editor hangs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.