Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I keep the last opened tabs in safari

The settings are those needed for keeping the last opened tabs when start again.

Wen I close the safari from the X button it loses the last opened tabs. When I close it from the menu it diesn't....

where is the problem?

iMac 27 retina 5K with El Capitan 10.11

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 11:10 AM

5 replies

Nov 24, 2015 11:36 AM in response to acharovas

When you click the 'x' to close the tab, you close the tab but Safari stays open. When you then click on the Safari icon, the Mac returns to Safari which no longer has that tab open.

When you close Safari from the menu it closes Safari. When you then click on the Safari icon, it opens Safari with the things that were open when you quit the application.

Nov 24, 2015 11:45 AM in response to acharovas

My reply is similar... the answer just changes from "tab" to "window".

When you click the 'x' to close the Safari window, you close the window but Safari stays open. When you then click on the Safari icon, the Mac returns to Safari which no longer has that window open.

When you close Safari from the menu it closes Safari. When you then click on the Safari icon, it opens Safari with the things that were open when you quit the application.

BTW, this is not like applications in the Windows OS. In Windows OS if you close the window the application closes. This does not happen in Mac OS.

Nov 24, 2015 11:58 AM in response to acharovas

acharovas wrote:

FIrst of all thank you for your answer!

With all other applications when you close from X button and after that you open it again it returns the last screen before you close. With Safari it doesn't happened?

Your statement about other applications is not true. In fact I have never experienced that behavior. Safari's operation is normal.

How can I keep the last opened tabs in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.