Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook is full - I have 70 iTunes movies ! Can I store them in the cloud ? And free up data space on my MacBook ?

I have over 70 movies stored on my MacBook, how can I store these on iTunes/iCloud ? And free up space on MacBook ?

All movies are purchased via iTunes !

Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 11:16 AM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 12:20 PM in response to Csound1

Csound1 wrote:

Storing them in iCloud uses the same amount of internal drive space

?????

If you delete them from your computer then they take up no space. Theoretically you can re-download them when you want to view them again. They are in "iCloud" but taking up no space on the computer except for the individual movie one is viewing at any one time. Apple uses the terms "iCloud" for pretty much any of its online services, including the iTunes Store re-download feature.

However, this is not such a great idea because if a studio decides they do not want to permit re-downloads, or simply wishes to stop distribution of an item then you're stuck. Re-downloading is a convenience but only multiple copies on local storage is a guarantee.

MacBook is full - I have 70 iTunes movies ! Can I store them in the cloud ? And free up data space on my MacBook ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.