Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes wiped out my library

How do I revert to a version of iTunes that will let me play my whole music library on my device and my Sonos. The new "fixes" (read corporate culture) wiped out most of the library I had before I owned a Mac. When I first bought my Mac, it wiped out a lot ( contrary to what the salesperson said would happen) so I reloaded a lot of it from Cd's, but now it wiped out anything that iTunes doesn't think is worth listening to.(i.e.Ididn't buy from them). Can I use time machine, or something to revert to my good old days of music listening? I have my music library on an external drive because of past problems with iTunes.

iPod nano

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 10:16 AM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 12:26 PM in response to Lynita

What is your question? How to revert to an earlier version of iTunes? Do a web search for instructions on how to do this. It is an involved process. Are you asking about restoring a library from Time Machine (a library is not the iTunes application)? 06/2014 ChrisCA post: Restore iTunes library from Time Machine backup - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6374283?answerId=26104480022#26104480022

Probably all this happened because you signed up for Apple Music. You do not have to do that. Reverting to an earlier iTunes version will prevent it because it was not a supported feature. Not clicking on the subscribe option will also prevent it.

itunes wiped out my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.