Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are icloud.com video and photo downloads full resolution?

I'm using iCloud Photo Library with my iPhone 6S. Apple says that all photos and videos are uploaded to iCloud at full resolution. My question is, when I go to iCloud.com and download photos and videos from that site are the files also full resolution? In other words are they identical to the photos and videos to what was uploaded? I ask because I know that if I share photos using icloud sharing the files are not full resolution. Please can someone provide confirmation of whether or not icloud.com photo and video downloads are full resolution or not?

Thanks a bunch.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 10:31 AM

4 replies

Nov 24, 2015 11:39 AM in response to Starchy L.

Starchy L. wrote:

Thanks. My question doesn't regard photostreams. I'm asking about iCloud photo library. I believe the two are different and have different conventions for resolution. Also, you reply didn't address videos. I'm asking specifically about downloading photos and videos from icloud.com. Any additional information would be appreciated.

"iCloud Photo Library automatically stores all of your photos and videos that you add from an iOS or Mac device in their original formats" taken from iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

Nov 24, 2015 1:13 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks again zinacef.

I've seen other support post that suggest that downloads from iCloud.com have not always been full resolution at least when iCloud photo library was in beta. I also have seen the FAQ that you referenced and note that original format doesn't necessarily mean that when I download a file it will be in the original resolution. For example, photos and videos are not full resolution all the time on iOS devices. I'm just looking for confirmation that video and photo downloads from iCloud.com are full resolution and identical to the uploads from my device.

Are icloud.com video and photo downloads full resolution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.