Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please Validate: Steps to Resolve iTunes Match Problems with 2 Apple IDs in 2 countries

Hello Everyone,

I know this topic has been discussed to death. I understand that for now, there is no resolution in sight to facilitate using iTunes match with different Apple IDs other than waiting the 90 day period to switch your associated device. I am going to swallow this and try to consolidate all my past purchases onto my desktop iMac, then manually manage my music on my iPhone from now on. I want to confirm with people who are better understanding of these problems that my plan is not going to result in a loss of my purchases or flag my Apple ID for fraudulent activity.

A- US Apple ID

B- Canada Apple ID

Most of my music is associated with A. Currently both IDs are subscribed to iTunes Match. To eliminate the problems I encounter on my device trying to access purchased music from one account or the other I plan to:

1. Download every remaining match item in the cloud associated with A on my desktop computer. This way, all A songs are physically on my desktop and thus accessible in the next 90 days.

2. Change my desktop computer to be associated with B.

3. Download the remaining eligible purchases associated with B to my desktop computer (is this considered fraudulent if I do this in the US? If the songs were originally purchased while physically in Canada, can I re-download the purchases in the USA now? Also, is there a difference here between using iTunes match to retrieve my B songs, versus re-downloading the B content through the Canadian iTunes store?)

4. Disable iTunes match for B

5. In 90 days, revert back to A, no more headaches from ghost/missing songs that I cannot match from my B account.

Are these the right actions to take?

If I keep iTunes match for account A (knowing that all of my B songs will not be eligible for matching), are there any other problems to be anticipated?

Finally- my family often gets me gift cards for iTunes, and since purchased in Canada they are only eligible for the Canadian store. Lets say that once a year, around the holidays, I switch my desktop to be associated with account B. Then, I enter the Canadian store, spend all of my giftcards within 90 days, and for the remainder of the year my desktop is associated with account A. Is this possible? Or would I have to instead, while physically in Canada visiting for the holidays, spend the gift cards on a laptop running iTunes, then transfer the files to my desktop when I am physically back in the US?

It's all such a hassle of course. I am trying to seek the best solution to work around the strict policies and consolidate my music. One day, when I have time in the future I will probably have to burn and re-rip all of my Canadian purchases to remove their association with ID B so I can truly have only one Apple ID. In the future, if I move, I will just change my billing info on ID A, rather than make a new ID. Is this the best approach to take to avoid issues?

Thank you for any input!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Also use iPhone 6S

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 12:47 PM

There are no replies.

Please Validate: Steps to Resolve iTunes Match Problems with 2 Apple IDs in 2 countries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.