Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Reminders, when I connect to a home router wifi network?

Can you set Reminders (ie; "When I get home.") for home to be a wifi network. My address does not show properly on a map therefore I am never home. I would like to get a 'Reminder' when I hit my home router network. possible?

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 1:49 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 2:22 PM in response to icebreaker83

I had a similar situation. My house/ neighborhood used to show as a field on maps. To solve this I dropped a pin when I was at my house in the maps app. Then I created a new contact for reminders. (So I wouldn't change my autofill address.) Since I started having the reminders go off at the dropped pin I have had no issues. -AJ

Nov 27, 2015 9:21 AM in response to icebreaker83

I tried multiple ways of doing this and the way I found that worked the best was as follows.

1. Drop a pin at your home using the maps app
  2. Chose to add the address to an existing contact
  3. Find your main contact that is set up with Siri
  4. Tap on where it says address and add a custom label. I chose school to make it easy since it seems to need to be a place for Siri to add location based reminders.
  5. Then test Siri by saying remind me to something when I get to school. If she says to she doesn't know your school address select it from the list do that and try again.

-AJ

Set Reminders, when I connect to a home router wifi network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.