Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple detected security error

Apple detected security error.

I have tried the forced quit, Tried to open safari while holding down the shift key. The error reappears. I tried going into the safari menu and the preferences are grayed out. I have shut down the computer and restarted . Not sure what to do next. Thank you for your help

iMac

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 12:54 PM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Canderson5522

Read Phony "tech support" / "ransomware" popups and web pages.

I have not found anything for which that recovery procedure does not work, so if you still need help please post a screenshot containing the URL that causes it and I'll attempt to duplicate the problem. Please don't post the URL in plain text because this site makes it a clickable link by default.

Screenshots (Mac):

To take a screenshot hold ⌘ Shift 4 to create a selection crosshair. Click and hold while you drag the crosshair over the area you wish to capture and then release the mouse or trackpad. You will hear a "camera shutter" sound. This will deposit a screenshot named "Screen Shot...." followed by a date and time on your Desktop.

When you post your response, click the "camera" icon above the text field:

User uploaded file

This will display a dialog box which enables you to choose the screenshot file (remember it's on your Desktop) and click the Insert Image button. If you are not using full screen mode you can simply drag the image into the text entry field.

⌘ Shift 4 and then pressing the space bar captures the frontmost window.

⌘ Shift 3 captures the entire screen.

Don't capture or upload any information you consider personal. To edit an existing screenshot, read How to edit a screenshot.

Drag the screenshot to the Trash after you post your reply.

Apple detected security error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.