Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring number from android phone to non-activated iPhone

I suppose what I'm asking is this:

I currently have an android moto g that I'm paying $45 a month for. I want to somehow transfer the number from my current android phone to my non-activated iPhone (my iPhone acts like an iPod touch; it does not have any service). In other words, I want to be able to receive text messages and calls from my iPhone 5 instead of from my current android phone while still paying the $45 monthly phone bill through Verizon. Is there any way to do this?

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 1:20 PM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 2:05 PM in response to evan.gen

No i don't think so. While Verizon does allow some non-Verizon phones to be brought over to Verizon, the iPhone 5 is too old for them to allow that. Basically Verizon, being a CDMA carrier has traditionally insisted that you purchase your handset pre-provisioned for use in their network. They only recently said you could bring any iPhone 6s to them.

An iPhone 5 would only work if it was sold originally as a Verizon iPhone 5 to begin with, in which case they should be able to transfer service between the handsets.

Transferring number from android phone to non-activated iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.