Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro will not connect to Dell U2413 monitor

Hi All,

I am trying to get a Dell U2413 monitor to connect to my MacBook Pro. So far I have had poor results. No matter what cable I have tried, the monitor does not recognize that it is hooked to the computer. All I get, is the monitor showing that no computer is present and then it goes into sleep mode. I have tried the USB and the HDMI cable, both provided by Dell with the monitor. Before I go out and buy Thunderbolt cables and adapters etc..., to try and get this to work, I was hoping someone might have a suggestion that would steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 1:52 PM

5 replies

Nov 24, 2015 1:56 PM in response to dougfromleesburg

Connectivity

1 Digital Visual Interface connectors (DVI-D) with HDCP
1 DisplayPort 1.2 (DP)
1 Mini DisplayPort 1.2 (mDP)
1 High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
1 USB 3.0 upstream port
4 USB 3.0 downstream ports
1 DisplayPort out
1 Audio out
DC power connector for Dell Soundbar (AX510)

for best results, buy a Mini DisplayPort to mini DisplayPort cable. Then there is no need for conversion.

You will also need to un-Mirror your displays, and you may need to un-check "Displays have separate Spaces"

Nov 24, 2015 2:05 PM in response to dougfromleesburg

- Yo are selecting the HDMI input on the monitor right?

- The USB connection is for the USB hub and ports on the monitor. It has noting to do with the video.

- This

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&sku= 320-9567&redirect=1

says the monitor includes a mini displayport-displayport cable and has both a mini displayport and displayport input.

Try using that cable and plug the mini displayport end into the MacBook

- Does the inpt port(s) on the monitor work with other devices?

Do the output port(s) work with other monitors?

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

Macbook Pro will not connect to Dell U2413 monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.