Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad pro battery drain

Anyone else is having problems with it's ipad pro ?

mine just watching videos on chrome drained about 50% in two hours.

User uploaded file

Also the charging take massive amounts of time, and if I'm using it it even slowly discharges, I have used it with 100% without unplugging it from the 12W charger and at the end of the use it is at 93% (about 5 hours use)

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.1, Battery, drain, fast, discharge

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 7:39 AM

I'm having the exact same problems with mine.

it will only last 4 hours with a full charge, called apple and talked to one of there engineer we did everything reset it to factory settings went on the computer and did some stuff try to fix and still does it so I returned it and got another one same thing happened so I returned it again same thing happen then today apple called me and said its a software issue and they are working to fix it but I don't know how long it will take them.User uploaded file

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Hsilamot

I'm having the exact same problems with mine.

it will only last 4 hours with a full charge, called apple and talked to one of there engineer we did everything reset it to factory settings went on the computer and did some stuff try to fix and still does it so I returned it and got another one same thing happened so I returned it again same thing happen then today apple called me and said its a software issue and they are working to fix it but I don't know how long it will take them.User uploaded file

Jan 9, 2016 4:36 PM in response to Hsilamot

I Was having this issue. My battery would not keep a charge and took all night to get a full charge. I was going to return it. I called Apple. The guy had me check the brightness on my screen. It was all the way up. He had me turn it down to a little bit less than 50%. What a difference! I have no battery problems now. Try it! By the way, Apple wanted me to do a restore too. I had said no. I would just return it. Adjusting the brightness fixed the problem.

Jul 17, 2016 7:26 PM in response to Hsilamot

Have exactly the same issue with the 9.7 iPad Pro. This is my 3rd iPad and watching a two hour movie through apple TV uses 40-50% of the battery on the Pro and the unit is very hot to to the touch. This was never an issue with my older I pads. Maybe used 10% on a two hour movie. Currently working with apple support Per their I just restored the iPad and will try it tomorrow otherwise back to apple for a better resolution.

iPad pro battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.