Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i safely delete photos from my iPad Air, iOS 9.1, without losing them on my MacBook

i

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 11:48 AM

Where are these photos on your iPad?

Photo in the Camera Roll on the iPad should be backed up to your computer. Use the Image Capture app on a Mac or any camera application on a PC to copy photos to the computer. They can then be deleted from the iPad without impacting them on the computer.

If the photos in question are in albums that were copied to the iPad by syncing with your computer running iTunes all you have to do is another sync. But before clicking on Sync or Apply deselect in iTunes on your computer the albums you want deleted from the iPad. Then click on Apply. The deselected albums will be removed from the iPad but they will remain on your computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 11:48 AM in response to DLL

Where are these photos on your iPad?

Photo in the Camera Roll on the iPad should be backed up to your computer. Use the Image Capture app on a Mac or any camera application on a PC to copy photos to the computer. They can then be deleted from the iPad without impacting them on the computer.

If the photos in question are in albums that were copied to the iPad by syncing with your computer running iTunes all you have to do is another sync. But before clicking on Sync or Apply deselect in iTunes on your computer the albums you want deleted from the iPad. Then click on Apply. The deselected albums will be removed from the iPad but they will remain on your computer.

How do i safely delete photos from my iPad Air, iOS 9.1, without losing them on my MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.