Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to use my iPhone 6 calendar only. How can I keep it from syncing to my Outlook calendar on my laptop?

I want to use my brand new white iPhone 6S (version 9.1) calendar only. How can I keep it from syncing to my Outlook calendar on my silver HP ENVY laptop? They operate in two different time zones. iPhone is in Central. Laptop operates through RDC in Pacific. (The iPhone has meat for lunch. The Laptop has tofu.)

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1, It's white with stainless steel rim

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 2:33 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 3:02 PM in response to Mizurahdad

iPhone's color doesn't matter, nor does its diet 😉

It depends on what you mean by "Outlook". If you mean the PC application Outlook, syncing to that is done through iTunes and you should be able to change your sync settings accordingly. While your iPhone is connected to the computer and iTunes running, select the device in iTunes and look for the sync option for local email clients (sorry, I forget the actual setting title).

If you mean Outlook email account, go to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select your Outlook account, then turn off the Calendars feature. You may be prompted to keep existing appointments on the iPhone, or delete them ... choose wisely. From this point on your calendar entries will only be on your iPhone, not syncing with your Outlook email account.

Nov 24, 2015 4:13 PM in response to rockmyplimsoul

There's a reason why I have no points.

Thank you for your swift response.

You gave me two options. First one is for changing sync options on my iPhone? Second one is for changing options on my laptop's email account?

If one or both above are correct, which one (or both) will do what I need it to do?

P.S. You may want to recheck your diet comment.

Nov 24, 2015 4:19 PM in response to Mizurahdad

Mizurahdad wrote:

You gave me two options. First one is for changing sync options on my iPhone? Second one is for changing options on my laptop's email account?

If one or both above are correct, which one (or both) will do what I need it to do?

The answer depends on which situation best fits.

Are you using MS Outlook on your HP laptop, and syncing contacts, calendars, etc. to your iPhone through iTunes? If so, then my first comment applies.

If you're using an Outlook.com web email account (formerly Hotmail) then my second comment applies.

So which is it?

I want to use my iPhone 6 calendar only. How can I keep it from syncing to my Outlook calendar on my laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.