Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help installing windows 7 on MacBook Pro

Hi all, I've had the LEGIT hardest time in my life trying to download windows 7. I used to install it all of the time on and off on my Mac.

Here's what I've tried:

I bought a 5-pack of 4.7 GB Blank DVD-R (Maxell) & tried to burn my .iso to it and after it burned it had to verify & it said ''disc is unreliable please try using a different blank disc''.

I bought 16 GB Flash drive USB stick & re-modified Boot Camp Assistant so it would allow me to use the USB option. It copied the windows files to the usb successfully, after that I picked how much space I wanted between OS X and Windows partitions. It portioned, then restarted then a black screen popped up & said "No bootable device - please insert a bootable device and press any key"

>> I tried to restart & held down alt/option key & the only option that popped up was my SSD (OS X portion) <<

NOTE: When I used to do this a few months ago, I used the same method, same .iso BUT A different DVD brand, I used Memorex. Don't know if it matters..

Really need help please help me. Apple referred me to microsoft, microsoft referred me to apple.

My Mac is a late 2011 MacBook Pro i7

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 1:37 PM

5 replies

Nov 21, 2017 6:18 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for confirming this in a world full of confusion, Lol. It literally had to be the brand I guess then. I tried 5 different DVD's, FIVE.

Memorex always works when I do it, just been a challenge to find recently. It had to be the Disc's then, for some reason? Even though their the same specs as Memorex. I'd have the blank disc in > right click > Burn to disc > 4x > Burning > Burns all the way > Verifying > Unable too.. "Disc is unreliable please try using another blank disc".

Help installing windows 7 on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.