Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Library not found after Windows 10 upgrade

I just did the dreaded Windows 10 upgrade. I tried to start iTunes and got this message.

User uploaded file

Any idea where to look for it? I tried a Windows search of the PC and got nothing.

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 2:59 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 5:43 PM in response to good$trader

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash. In your case it seems likely that at some point you opened a file from the Previous iTunes Libraries folder rather than copying and renaming as suggested. There is probably another Previous folder nested inside the first one. Copy the most recent backup to the main iTunes folder, rename as iTunes Library.itl, then shift-start iTunes to connect to it.

tt2

Nov 25, 2015 7:28 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks much for the response! I've always wondered why iTunes was connecting to previous iTunes libs. I did figure out my issue was I needed to give Win10 the password to my network drive which is where I keep my iTunes folders. After that, iTunes was able to find the folder and start up. But I'm still going to do the 'rename as iTunes Library' maintenance that you described above. Thanks again!

iTunes Library not found after Windows 10 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.