Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to download garageband but it stopped and now it won't do anything

I bought this macbook from a friend and tried to download garageband to it. when it started it seemed fine but eventually it stopped saying it was paused but now it still says that and i can't get it to anything.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 3:34 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 1:22 PM in response to cjg00d

I use a macbook pro (OS X yosemite 10.10.5) that I got from my mom but garage band was no longer installed since she cleaned it up to give it to me. I went to App store tried to download it for free (hoping it was in her icloud or in app) but had to buy it at 4.99 so I did. In the process of downloading, the app paused and never allowed me to activate it again but showed up on my hard drive. I threw it out , emptied trash and then went to install it again but got nothing to move. Shadow of garageband still in pause on my launchpad and showing paused on my apps page of purchases. Also, charged on my credit card for the app.

I tried to download garageband but it stopped and now it won't do anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.