Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes deletes listened-to episodes of podcasts, even though I have set it not to

I listen to a lot of podcasts at work. Whenever I sync my old ipod, itunes deletes all the episodes I have listened to, including those I've only heard part of. I absolutely, definitely do not have it set to do this, and I can see in the podcast settings for each of them: "episodes will not be automatically deleted after they have been played". This affects certain podcasts but not others. I'm running Windows 10, have plenty of space on the HDD. I don't want iTunes to manage my files for me, I want to do it myself.

iPod classic, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 12:41 PM

3 replies

Jan 12, 2016 3:29 AM in response to Krazyface

I had hoped the post would illustrate that there have been issues with the way that iTunes has managed podcasts in the past. I'm glad that for you retrieving the deleted podcasts has not been an issue. For myself I listen to many that are only available for a week. The information may help others with similar problems.

Let us assume that your podcasts retention settings are correct and that there is a bug. Backup your library if you're not already doing so, so that you can easily restore any item deleted in error. Document the behaviour in detail and confirm it is repeatable. Report your findings via the relevant feedback form, e.g. iTunes Feedback, or Bug Reporter.

tt2

iTunes deletes listened-to episodes of podcasts, even though I have set it not to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.