Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

numbers user templates location

Numbers 3.6.1 Pages 5.6.1

Today I made a few new templates in numbers. They were all revisions to existing ones I had already made. When I try to go to the folder where the templates are stored to delete the old ones the folder does not show my new templates even though they show up in the menu bar (File) when I select New.

The path I was using was home folder>library>containers>com.apple.work.numbers>data>library>application support>user templates.

When I get to the containers part I noticed that the com.apple.work.numbers part is now the Numbers icon vs what used to be a folder. So I had to right click on that and select show all contents to continue on to the rest of the path to see data, etc. When I get to the templates folder only old ones show.

Is my container plist wonky? should I trash it?

Have no idea where the new templates are now although I am able to use them.

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 1:59 PM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2015 5:29 PM in response to darrenvkc

darrenvkc wrote:

When I try to go to the folder where the templates are stored to delete the old ones the folder does not show my new templates even though they show up in the menu bar (File) when I select New.

In Numbers 3 (as opposed to Numbers 2) there is no need to root around in the library. Just go File > New then navigate to the template you want to delete, select it, right click, and choose Delete.

User uploaded file

SG

numbers user templates location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.