Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad needs mouse support

Dear Apple,

I can't find the feature request page that was once easy to find, so I am dropping my request off here:

I am a physician and want to use the iPad pro for our EHR. Between the necessary typing and the many clicks required for each patient visit, and lastly the small target areas (designed for mouse), it is not possible to use the iPad without a keyboard and pointing device (mouse). Please allow a mouse as a reasonable accessory to go along with a keyboard. One cannot do all of the many required clicks with finger on the screen between typing on the keyboard.

There are so many frustrations that could be helped with an iPad I can carry around and then "doc" in a room to do the typing and clicking with usual assessors (mouse and keyboard).

As it stands, I may have to buy my first Microsoft product, as the Surface Pro 4 would fulfill my requirements for the most part. As a very happy Apple user since 1992, I would like you to embrace us many Epic and other EHR users and make our lives a little easier by meeting our needs.

Please give the iPad mouse support.

Thank you,

Colin McCannel, MD

PS: If you really want to make me happy, please develop a decent EHR for large institutions, one with modern UI.

iPad Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 3:09 PM

3 replies

iPad needs mouse support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.