Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro : Crazy amount of battery cycles ! Help

Hello, i am a proud owner of a 13" MBpro 256GB with retina display since September of 2015.

I use my MacBook for web, video etc...

I have just discovered a small app called Battery Health Monitor. I opened it for the very first time and my heart practically stopped . This app tells me my battery has had 89 cycles, after just 2-3 months, and is now at 90% battery capacity comparing to design capacity. Considering this laptop cost me my left nut, i'm really worried.

I heard and read about the battery , and that it should be able to get like 1000 cycles before dropping to 80% or something like that... But Practically 100 cycles in 2 months , and dropping to 90% is disturbing ... Should i seek Apple Help ?

Also, I may have been doing something wrong. People told me that to increase battery life expectancy, i should unplug it once it's at 100% , and let it drain until recharging. So is that good or bad ? Should i be on cord most of the time to increase battery life ? Should i be worried ? is this a common issue ?

Thanks for your Help

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 1:31 PM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 1:34 PM in response to TheCCOfficial

TheCCOfficial wrote:

Also, I may have been doing something wrong. People told me that to increase battery life expectancy, i should unplug it once it's at 100% , and let it drain until recharging. So is that good or bad ? Should i be on cord most of the time to increase battery life ? Should i be worried ? is this a common issue ?

Thanks for your Help

That's why you have so many cycles on it... Don't do that if you don't have to. You don't want to run on AC power all of the time, but every time you drain it like that, that's a charge cycle...

MacBook Pro : Crazy amount of battery cycles ! Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.