Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The most suitable conversion?

Hi, when converting I always feel lost. No clue what to click and un-click.

I am about to convert a project lasting for about 15 minutes. It is shot in:

AVCHD,

aspect ratio: 16:9.

Record setting: 24p 24M(FX) Running on NTSC

1920 x 1080

But in FCE it is written 29,97 fps

compressor: apple intermediate codec

audio rate: 48,0 KHz

I will not upload it to the net, only play it from a USB-stick on a pc (not mac) displayed at a large TV-screen.

All the best

Dewjack 🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 8:29 PM

Unfortunately, FCE doesn't support 24 fps. You could rely on FCE to convert the clips. If the results aren;t satisfactory, you could instead convert them in MPEG Streamclip (free) or Apple Compressor ($50) and then import the reformatted clips into FCE. Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) is the editing codec that FCE converts AVCHD to.

For exporting 1090 to the Web, you want H.264 – either in a MOV or MP4 wrapper. A reasonable bit rate would be around 10 Mb per second.

Good luck.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2015 8:29 PM in response to Dewjack

Unfortunately, FCE doesn't support 24 fps. You could rely on FCE to convert the clips. If the results aren;t satisfactory, you could instead convert them in MPEG Streamclip (free) or Apple Compressor ($50) and then import the reformatted clips into FCE. Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) is the editing codec that FCE converts AVCHD to.

For exporting 1090 to the Web, you want H.264 – either in a MOV or MP4 wrapper. A reasonable bit rate would be around 10 Mb per second.

Good luck.

Russ

The most suitable conversion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.