Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I open .thm movie files from my Sony Camera in OSX 10.10.5

Which application do I need to install to open .thm movie files from my Sony camera?

Thanks~!

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 8:51 AM

.thm files are simply thumbnails of the full-sized image files. You probably do not need to open or load them on your Mac.

If you do want to view them on your Mac, you don't need to install any other software. Mac OS X's Preview app will open them.

See Using your Sony® Camera with a Macintosh® Computer for brand-specific help using your Sony cam with your Mac.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.11.1

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 8:51 AM in response to reallilybart

.thm files are simply thumbnails of the full-sized image files. You probably do not need to open or load them on your Mac.

If you do want to view them on your Mac, you don't need to install any other software. Mac OS X's Preview app will open them.

See Using your Sony® Camera with a Macintosh® Computer for brand-specific help using your Sony cam with your Mac.

Mac OSX 10.11.1

Nov 26, 2015 9:50 AM in response to reallilybart

You're welcome.

reallilybart wrote:... when I try to open a movie shot with my camera, I get a prompt that I need an application to do it.

Here follow the best suggestions I have based on your new info:

If you are trying to view the clips with your Mac before copying them to the computer, does the problem persist after you have restarted your Mac?

If you are noticing any other problem since upgrading, have you tried using the OS X Recovery on your startup drive to completely reinstall Yosemite?

If your only trouble is with your Sony camera's video clips, can you transfer them to your Mac per this Sony article before viewing them?

If you use Sony software in your workflow, check Sony's support site for your camera to check for software or firmware updates for Yosemite compatibility.

If you are making AVCHD clips, see Sony's Article ID: 34771.

Mac OSX 10.11.1

How can I open .thm movie files from my Sony Camera in OSX 10.10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.