Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I turn off 2 factor authentication just for Apple Support Communities?

Hi, I've got 2 factor authentication turned on for Apple, however I would like it if I don't have to go through the 2 factor authentication every time that I log in to these support community forums, I don't see why it is necessary to have this be secured as well.

Is there some kind of option to be able to turn off 2FA just for this? What else is possible? Thanks

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), SSD, Optical Drive swapped for HD

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 3:23 PM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2015 3:56 PM in response to JDfunky

You can't turn it off for just this support site but you shouldn't have to get and enter the code each time you log in here. Next time as you are logging in watch for an option to remember the device that is being used to log in. It is easy to miss that option. If I remember correctly it is a checkbox at the bottom left of the window where you enter the code and you need to enter it before you enter the code.

Can I turn off 2 factor authentication just for Apple Support Communities?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.