Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the App Store prompt me for an old email address when I try to update apps?

why apple store keep showing a non-valid email address when I want to make up dates

<Subject Re-Titled by Host>

iPhone 3G, null

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 4:00 PM

7 replies

Aug 25, 2016 5:39 AM in response to King_Penguin

I have this exact same issue. All apps 'purchased' under my account yet since my cousin logged onto my phone for something many months back, can't seem to disassociate his ID with my own and update any apps. Some apps update automatically in background but a number of them now seem tied to his apple ID and I can't get rid of it even though they were downloaded and 'owned' by me.

Have tried various suggestions from other posts such as signing out with my ID out of app store, going to app store and trying to download a new app/update existing but again it pops up with a request for his login credentials........very frustrating!

Would be very interested in hearing any suggestions on solving this?

Why does the App Store prompt me for an old email address when I try to update apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.