Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 2 suddenly keeps dropping wifi

i have an ipad 2 (running ios 9.1) and a wifi connection at home. i have never had any problems using wifi on my ipad - until about a week ago when suddenly the wifi signal will disconnect then reconnect 3-5 seconds later. this happens every 3-5 minutes when i am streaming videos (YouTube) and maybe every 15-20 minutes if i am doing something else like games, email, etc. when it is connected the little wifi icon fluctuates between full (3 curved bars) and 2 curved bars. its been happening DAILY for the last week. i have tried numerous things - turning the ipad off then back on, resetting the ipad back to factory setting, "forgetting" my wifi then reconnecting, changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 on the ipad, even changing the case (and even not using a case) and NOTHING is fixing the problem. my computer is connected to the same wifi and does not have this problem at all, neither does my android phone. it is only my ipad with the issue. is there anything left to try to fix it that i have not already mentioned doing? i am at my wits end here.

iPad 2, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 4:43 PM

There are no replies.

ipad 2 suddenly keeps dropping wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.