Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Apple ID shares pictures with other devices?

My mother and I both share an account for purchasing things and I assumed that we also shared the same iCloud account because our pictures, contacts and pretty much everything else. Whenever I call someone or she calls someone, it shows up on the other person's call history. I just wanted to see how I could fix this. I thought this all had to do with our iCloud accounts but I just checked and we're currently logged into different accounts but still sharing the information. Sorry if this is confusing lol.

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 3:13 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2015 4:14 PM in response to bethannnn19

Anything that is in her iCloud will remain, so logging out may remove such items (you are normally prompted to keep or delete them) they would be recovered once she logs back in ... but, only if these things are in her iCloud and not yours.

If her photos are showing up on your device, then you two must be using the same iCloud account. The only other explanation is she's manually putting copies of her photos into a shared photo stream, but she'd know if she's doing that. Even Family Sharing photos requires manual intervention, so if this is automatically happening then it can only mean that you're sharing the iCloud account, so look closely and decide what bits are hers vs. yours in iCloud (this is exactly why sharing an ID is a bad idea and not recommended by Apple).

What Apple ID shares pictures with other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.