Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator

Old Automator Script won't work in El Capitan?

Simple folder actions don't work.

I Recently updated to el capitan and after scanner wouldn't work, mail kept losing moved mail and automator folder actions wouldn't work I down graded back to yosemite.

Does anyone know why automator doesn't work on folder actions?

I am trying to delete a backup file that the program creates with the file "filename.appname.sb.(a lot of what looks like encryption stuff) "

May it has to do with SIP, I don't know.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2.5 GHz intel core i5 with 12GB mem

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 7:41 AM

You can assume that nothing will change with AppleScript, Automator, and compiled code as Apple introduces new releases of OS X — but that would be a wrong assumption. Old AppleScript, and Automator workflow need occasional modernization for them to continue working.

Did you open that Automator application/workflow and recompile it on El Capitan, before saving under a different name and retesting? Automator folder actions are saved as such, and then assigned to a specific folder by the Finder. Automator folder actions cannot be assigned to sub-folders.

SIP is unconcerned about what you do in non-System, filesystem locations.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 7:41 AM in response to MD1

You can assume that nothing will change with AppleScript, Automator, and compiled code as Apple introduces new releases of OS X — but that would be a wrong assumption. Old AppleScript, and Automator workflow need occasional modernization for them to continue working.

Did you open that Automator application/workflow and recompile it on El Capitan, before saving under a different name and retesting? Automator folder actions are saved as such, and then assigned to a specific folder by the Finder. Automator folder actions cannot be assigned to sub-folders.

SIP is unconcerned about what you do in non-System, filesystem locations.

Nov 25, 2015 11:19 AM in response to MD1

If I were going out to buy a new printer right now, and I knew the brand, I would look at the multi-function device entries that show Scanner and Fax support listed in that Apple Driver download.

For instance, here is the most recent Canon driver update from Apple. It has other printer driver support within it. Click the see: link to view the list of devices supported. Note that the second and third column are Scanner and Fax support respectively.

Automator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.