Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subject line of "New Message" while texting.

I have an iphone 5c that's about 2 years old now. Yesterday, the people in a group chat I am in have complained of my texts coming with a subject line of "Subject: New Message". IT IS ONLY OCCURRING IN THIS ONE GROUP CHAT. None of these people have gotten new phones in over a year, and this group chat has been ongoing since I first purchased my phone. One person in the chat has an android phone so I tried creating a group chat with the other two people in this affected group who have apple products and the subject line still appeared. It's only when I am in a group chat made up of these 3 specific individuals.

I have deleted and recreated the group chat, turned on and off my phone, held down both the home and power button to do a reset, and I have no clue what else to do to fix this problem. IN SETTINGS THE SUBJECT FIELD IS OFF UNDER MESSAGES AND HAS NEVER BEEN ON.

Please does anyone have a solution?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 4:30 PM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 7:49 PM in response to KOq's

I am also having this problem. Started tonight around 5:00. I'm on an iPhone 6 plus, running latest ios and my carrier is AT&T. Apparently there are quite a few people complaining as there is a thread on reddit about the problem also. The group text I have going is with 5 people, with a mix of Android and iphone users. The other iphone user is on sprint and his phone wasn't showing "New Message" in bold.

Subject line of "New Message" while texting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.