Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to get extreme under scan on display.

Something burped in my Mac a few hours ago and I need to unhide the side edges of the Finder.

That's addressed in another thread.

What I'm hoping for is access to more powerful under-scanning than the locked into 'Dumb' mode Display preferences is now. [Panasonic flatscreen TV-only as of now] All allowed resolutions hide their side regions as is.

I can improve it with the allowed under-scan slider, but not enough to see critical side regions of the Finder.

If I could shrink the Finder enough to fill the visible screen with out any hidden sides of it, I would be okay.

HOW can I access more advanced display settings for this Mac Mini ??? [ they were there when I set up this Mac a couple of years ago for this TV, two OS's ago ]

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Using Panasonic 39" TV at 1080

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 3:58 PM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2015 4:10 PM in response to mwbauers

I have the solution.......

After trying a great many other things for about five hours.....

I swapped the video input on the TV to another socket.

Like MAGIC, my full screen is back !!!!

Let this be a lesson to me........... I/you/we MUST try different cable connections as one of the FIRST attempted fixes.

Normally, I would do just that.......... I wish I had..........

Now to sort of rebuild the set-up of the computer and get everything back where it was.

I need to get extreme under scan on display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.