Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Frustration - Keeps crashing

Hi. I rarely use iMovie, but recently I've been working on a huge project where I take several different video files (of basketball games), each approximately 1-2 GB, and compile them into one project for export onto a DVD.

I've split each game into a different file, but compiled all the files for that game into one file. I've created a "score recap" in Pixelmator to use in the project, and muting the files - but that is all there really is to the project.

After I'm done exporting all of my files into iMovie and laying them out, I export it like usual. This time, it keeps crashing. I found out that if I deleted the com.apple.imovieapp.sfl file in Library, the crashing stops. But lately I've even done that and it still crashes.

Maybe a coincidence or perhaps the cause of the problem is that I was messing around on the Linux computer where the discs will be burned. I happened to import a file from my Mac (they're networked together) when iMovie crashed.

Is the culprit of my problem possibly using the hard drive while exporting the files, or something else? As mentioned previously, I do delete the iMovie "com.apple.imovieapp.sfl" file each time before opening iMovie, and before working on another game file.

Thanks, and any help is appreciated. I'm working on a time limit here and deadlines are quickly approaching, so any quick assistance is extremely appreciated. 🙂

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Nov 24, 2015 7:40 PM

There are no replies.

iMovie Frustration - Keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.